A. Controller and Responsibility
B. Personal Data, Processing and Processor
Personal data is information relating to a specific or identifiable (i.e., identified or identifiable) person such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, images, etc. ("Personal Data").
Any handling of Personal Data, regardless of the means and processes used, in particular the collection, procurement, storage, use, reworking, disclosure, archiving or deletion of data is considered as processing ("Processing" or to "Process").
Processor means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of MAN’S WORLD being the controller ("Processor").
C. Purposes of Processing
MAN’S WORLD Processes Personal Data for the following purposes:
- MAN’S WORLD Processes Personal Data for marketing purposes which includes informing you (by any communication means like email, social media, mail or telephone) about publications, events, invitations, news, services, products and related information of MAN’S WORLD, any other entities within the MAN’S WORLD group or third parties which may be of interest to you; and
- MAN’S WORLD Processes Personal Data for responding to queries or providing services to you, for managing the contractual relationships of MAN’S WORLD, for updating and maintaining the records, list of contacts and databases of MAN’S WORLD, for improving the services of MAN’S WORLD to you and otherwise to enable MAN’S WORLD to perform any agreement with you, your employer or any other relevant third party; and
- MAN’S WORLD Processes Personal Data for administering the website of MAN’S WORLD that is mansworld.com including any sub-domains ("Website").
D. Personal Data Processed by MAN’S WORLD
MAN’S WORLD Processes the following kinds of Personal Data for the following purposes described above:
- First name, surname, home address, private telephone number, private email address; (For purposes: 1. and 2. referred to above under Section C)
- Recorded images (e.g. photos and/or videos) and sounds (e.g. interviews) at MAN’S WORLD’S events; (For purpose: 1. referred to above under Section C)
- Work address, work telephone number, work email address; (For purposes: 1. and 2. referred to above under Section C)
- Bank details, account number, credit/debit card number; and (For purpose: 2. referred to above under Section C)
- IP address. (For purpose: 3. referred to above under Section C)
To the extent required by applicable data protection law, your Personal Data will be deleted with respect to the purpose of Processing (see above) for which they were collected as soon as they are not required anymore to meet such purpose of Processing. More precisely, this means that:
- We retain Personal Data for purpose 1. referred to above under Section C as long as we provide you with such marketing communication or as long as we are conducting respective marketing measures or campaigns subject to statutory retention obligations and rights;
- We retain Personal Data for purpose 2. referred to above under Section C as long as you are a MAN’S WORLD business contact or as long as we provide you, your employer or any other relevant third party with such services subject to statutory retention obligations and rights;
- We retain Personal Data for purpose 3. referred to above under Section C as long as it can be used to personalize your prospective next visit of the Website or as long as it is useful to administer the Website which includes web analytics (tracking and reporting website traffic) subject to statutory retention obligations and rights.
F. Consent, Legal Basis, Revocation, Data Protection Rights, Representative
If required by data protection law, we request your consent for the Processing of your Personal Data which then constitutes the legal basis for the Processing. However, you hereby acknowledge that the legal basis for the Processing might – depending on circumstances and applicable data protection law – also lie in the provision of Personal Data being a statutory or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into or perform a contract. Further, the legal basis for the Processing of Personal Data might lie in the Processing being necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by MAN’s WORLD or by a third party (like e.g. direct marketing).
In case Processing is based on your consent, you can revoke/withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the Processing carried out on the basis of the consent given until the revocation/withdrawal.
Depending on circumstances and applicable data protection law – you are in particular entitled to the right of disclosure/access of the Personal Data concerned, rectification, deletion/erasure of Personal Data or restriction of Processing, the right to object to the Processing, as well as the right of appeal/lodge complaint to a competent supervisory authority and to data transmission/portability.
The above mentioned rights do not affect Personal Data that is processed for you as part of an ongoing mandate/provision of services or that we must or may retain for legal reasons.
Concerning revocation, the exercise of your other data protection rights as well as further questions and suggestions and comments on data protection please contact us per post at Rüdigerstrasse 10, 8045 Zürich, Switzerland, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +41 43 543 61 80.
MAN’S WORLD has designated the following representative in the European Union: MAN’S WORLD Veranstaltungen Deutschland GmbH, c/o Mindspace, Rödingsmarkt 9, 20459 Hamburg, telephone +49 174 32 78 698.
G. Data Transfers
Also, MAN’S WORLD will appoint and is appointing Processors to host, maintain, manage, and store (e.g. backup and/or cloud storage) your Personal Data which Process Personal Data to the extent necessary to fulfil such hosting, maintenance, managerial, backup, and/or related purposes (including payment services). In this respect, some of your Personal Data may be stored outside of Switzerland and the European Union. If we do store data outside Switzerland or the European Union, we will take all reasonable steps required by applicable data protection law to ensure that your Personal Data is treated as safely and securely as it would be if it was located in Switzerland or within the European Union.
H. Third Party Consent
If you are acting as an intermediary or otherwise on behalf of a third party or supply MAN’S WORLD with Personal Data regarding a third party (such as your employer or a client company) or a third party data subject, you hereby undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained all necessary consents (as required by applicable law) from such third party to the collection, Processing, use and disclosure to us and/or by us of their Personal Data.
I. Data Processing by using the Website
1. General Terms and Consent
During your visit on the Website general information is automatically recorded (e.g. the date of your visit, the type of web browser, your IP address, the operating system used and the domain name of your internet service provider). However, none of this information allows MAN’S WORLD to draw any conclusions about your personal identity.
2. SSL Encryption
For reasons of security and for the sake of protecting the transfer of confidential content, the Website uses an SSL encryption. You can identify an encrypted connection by the address bar of your browser switching from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol appearing in your browser line.
The provider of the Website automatically collects and stores information in so-called "Server-Log Files", which your browser is automatically transferring to MAN’S WORLD. These are in particular:
- Browser type and browser version;
- Operating system used;
- Referrer URL;
- Host name of the accessing computer;
- Time and date of the server request;
This data cannot be allocated to individuals by MAN’S WORLD and will not be combined with other data sources. However, MAN’S WORLD remains the right to retrospectively assess and combine such data if and to the extent there are indications for an illegal use.
Cookies are small text files which are automatically stored on the hard drive of your computer when you visit this Website. They do neither cause any damage nor transmit Personal Data.
4.2 Types of Cookies
This Website potentially uses the following types of cookies:
4.2.1 Essential and Non-Essential Cookies
Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of this Website. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely. Without these cookies, some parts of this Website just won’t work as they should.
Non-essential cookies (also called functional cookies) allow this Website to remember your preferences, helping MAN’S WORLD to customise your experience on this Website.
4.2.2 Temporary Cookies
Temporary cookies store information that is used by you as a visitor during your current browser session. You are assigned a session-ID so that you can move between the different areas of the Website of MAN’S WORLD without interruption. Based on the session ID, it is not possible to identify you as a person. These cookies do not leave any retrievable information on the hard drive of your computer. Once the browser is closed, these cookies are automatically deleted.
4.2.3 Permanent Cookies
Permanent cookies store information between two visits of the Website. Due to these cookies, visitor patterns can be recognized over a longer period of time and evaluated on a regular basis. Depending on their function, these cookies are stored on the hard drive of a computer between few minutes up to several years.
4.2.4 Third Party Cookies and Web Analysis-Tools
--> Google Analytics _gat, Throttle the request rate, ten minutes;
--> Google Analytics _ga, Distinguish unique users, two years.
The data described above collected by Google might be transferred to the respective server of Google in the U.S. However, Google is subject to the data protection provisions of the "Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield" and the "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield" and registered with the "Privacy Shield"-program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information with respect to Google Analytics and data protection please consult:
4.3 Activation, Deactivation and Deletion of Cookies
4.4 Use and Transmission of Data
5. Information Provided by Third Parties and Linked Websites
This Website may refer, by hyperlinks or other means, to information provided by third parties. MAN’S WORLD has not verified whether such information is reasonable, accurate, reliable, complete or up-to-date. Links to other websites do not constitute MAN’S WORLD’s approval or endorsement of such websites or its products or advertisements. MAN’S WORLD shall not be liable in connection with any such information provided by third parties.
6. No Reliance and no Warranty
This Website may include technical or editorial inaccuracies or typographical errors. The information on this Website has been prepared solely for information purposes. While MAN’S WORLD has made effort to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate at the time of publication, MAN’S WORLD makes no representations or warranty in any manner, expressly or by implication, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information provided in this Website. MAN’S WORLD shall not be obliged to remove outdated information from this Website or to expressly mark it as outdated.
Despite the SSL encryption referred to above, this Website is not a secure medium for electronic communications. Any confidential, proprietary or sensitive information transmitted by a user by means of this Website is at risk of being read and/or copied by unauthorised persons.
The entire content of this Website is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. Without the prior written consent of MAN’S WORLD this Website or any part thereof may not be copied, transmitted (by electronic means or otherwise), modified, linked into or used for public or commercial purposes.
J. Security and Liability
K. Final Provisions
MAN’S WORLD Schweiz AG
As of: 21 August 2018